- the First National Bank of Omaha Introduced a “buy now, pay later” service that enables merchants to offer consumers installment payments. FNBO hired EXL, an operations management and analytics company, and Skeps, a point-of-sale lending platform, to help develop the service. The BNPL service can be integrated into e-commerce websites and the point of sale using QR codes and text.
- Apple Inc. said that Apple card now supports rotating security codes, a feature that can be activated in the Wallet app.
- PayNearMe, which enables consumers without payment card access to make cash payments for online goods, said the Arizona Department of Gaming approved processing online sports betting and gambling payments in the 48th state. PayNearMe claims to have four customers in Arizona.
- Payment processing technology providers GK software said it will allow merchants using their TransAction + application to accept digital currencies and be settled in dollars through an agreement with. to obtain Flexa.
- Card issuing platform Marqeta Inc. said it will enable the nationwide rollout of Figure Pay, a digital money app from blockchain technology provider Figure Inc. The app is now available in 26 states.
- Payment platform dLocal Ltd. introduced Direct Issuing, which enables merchants to issue prepaid cards for online and in-store purchases in local currencies.
- Woodforest National Bank has selected payment providers Repayment Holdings Corp. as a clearing and settlement processor.
- Square Inc. announced that it is its services and products for. brought to market Merchants in France.
- Payment provider iStream financial services said Shawn Griffin will replace Kris Axberg as chief executive effective October 1st. Axberg, a 17 year veteran of the company, will continue in his role as Executive Chairman of the Board. Griffin is a veteran of MB Financial and Fifth Third Bank.
- Former managing director of Fiserv Inc. Jeff YabukI has been named chairman and founding partner of private equity firm Motive Partners. Yabuki stepped down as CEO of Fiserv in July 2020 after serving in that role for nearly 15 years.
- Jack Lord has joined item number, a provider of technology for digital offerings, as Senior Vice President of Sales. Lord previously worked for the payment provider Blackhawk Network.
Faster payment providers have long identified insurance claims disbursement as a mature market and business took …